Common reasons for a printer failing to print include:
- printer has run out of ink or toner
- a paper jam occurs
- the printer is out of paper
Nearly all printers will report these issues to you, either by the software installed on your computer or the screen on the printer itself.
However if a document fails to print and the reason is not clear there are a number of things you can do before getting help:
- Clear your print queue.
- Check your USB cable/Network cable is securely connected to your computer and to your printer.
- Moving the printer from one USB port on your computer to another port can make your computer redetect the printer
- Finally restart your computer to see if this resolves your issue.
Phone for assistance with your printer on: 01383 749 966